Members can register up to 6 pets under one membership.
Connecting will take anywhere from 30 secs up to 1 minute. Please be patient and don’t hang up. If one of our Vets is helping someone else, there will be a message stating the Vet is unavailable. Then you can text or call back in a minute. This is rare but it might happen on the odd occasion.
Video chatting requires a faster phone processor and good WiFi or Cell Data connection. iPhone 4 or greater or Samsung 4 or greater work well with Facetime. Some older models just don’t have the processor speed to make it work correctly. If you are experiencing difficulty it is most likely your connection. We encourage you to ensure you have adequate connection and an updated phone for best results when using Pet Vet Hotline.
Americans Love to Celebrate the 4th of July. Our pets love to celebrate with us. Unlike us, pets don’t like to celebrate with fireworks. For most pets it causes terror and severe emotional trauma. To help eliminate or minimize the negative effects fireworks have on your furry family members, try to isolate your pet in a quieter area or stay in a pet friendly hotel for a night.
1. Eliminate/Minimize Exposure
- Consider Boarding to a relative or boarding to a pet care provider that will not be exposed to fireworks
- Ear Muffs
- Calming Caps
- Play pet friendly music in pets environment
– My Zen Pet
2. Create a safe space
- Room with door closed that minimize “neighborhood” fireworks
- Move outdoor pets in
- Expose to low levels of fireworks noises prior to celebration (weeks/months)
- Gradually increase intensity level
- May substitute artificial noise (not as effective)
4. Counter Conditioning
- Offer high valued rewards associated with stimuli, Examples- favorite treats, toys, praise etc.
- May be done while desensitization
5. Non-Prescription Remedies
- Pressure Wraps (Think Swaddling)
- Anxiety Wraps
6. Prescription Medications
- Consult with a licensed veterinarian- in clinic
- DO NOT USE PERSONAL MEDICATION!